Muhammad Ali a Malayali? Ask Kerala mantri
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2016-06-05 04:17:14 UTC
Muhammad Ali a Malayali? Ask Kerala mantri

TNN, Times of India, timesofindia.indiatimes.com
Sunday, June 5, 2016

Kochi: "I just heard that Muhammad Ali breathed his last
in America. He was a great sportsperson from Kerala. He
flagged the fame of Kerala sky-high by winning a gold
medal," state sports minister E P Jayarajan told a
Malayalam TV news channel soon after Muhammad Ali's death
started dominating headlines on Saturday, and the
minister was approached to comment on the passing of the
legend.

Continues at:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kochi/Muhammad-Ali-a-Malayali-Ask-Kerala-mantri/articleshow/52596450.cms

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2016-06-05 16:12:01 UTC
Sunday, June 5, 2016
Kochi: "I just heard that Muhammad Ali breathed his last
in America. He was a great sportsperson from Kerala. He
flagged the fame of Kerala sky-high by winning a gold
medal," state sports minister E P Jayarajan told a
Malayalam TV news channel soon after Muhammad Ali's death
started dominating headlines on Saturday, and the
minister was approached to comment on the passing of the
legend.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kochi/Muhammad-Ali-a-Malayali-Ask-Kerala-mantri/articleshow/52596450.cms
Kerala minister admits to 'mistake' over Ali remark

PTI
rediff.com
Sunday, June 5, 2016

A day after being extensively trolled in the social media
for his gaffe describing late legendary boxer Muhammad
Ali as a Keralite, Sports Minister E P Jayarajan on
Sunday admitted his "mistake."

In a Facebook post, the minister, who was mauled on
social media, said "a mistake is a mistake" and hoped the
state's enlightened people and sports personalities would
understand his folly.

Soon after reports of Ali's passing away broke, a
Malayalam television channel had contacted the minister
for a condolence message.

Jayarajan had on Saturday in the phone-in news programme
said "I came to know only now that Muhammad Ali had died
inĀ America. Ali was a prominent personality in Kerala's
sports scenario. He had won several gold medals for
Kerala and had taken our state's fame sky high.. I wish
to convey Kerala's sorrow and the sorrow of the state's
sport lovers."

Continues at:

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/kerala-minister-admits-to-mistake-over-ali-remark/20160605.htm

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi